Okay guys here it is… the most fun you will ever have making a DIY confetti backdrop.
What you will need:
- White paper roll 2 x 2m
- Boatload of confetti
- Confetti Canon (hire)
- Wood glue + paint brush
- Measuring tape
- Joie de vivre
- Tape down one end of your paper roll
- Roll out your paper, measure and cut 2m x 2m
- Tape down the other end
Note: watch the blooper at the end of the video on how NOT to tape down the backdrop! Haha.
- Roll out the confetti canon and be sure to read ALL the safety instructions. The Photo Booth Guys cannot be held responsible for incorrect or overly exuberant use of the fun gun
- Place the confetti canon at the edge of the paper
- Pour the wood glue onto the paper to make about 1.7m square
- Spread the glue around and work quickly before it dries and ruins everything
- Load up the canon with confetti
- Pose with it briefly like Rambo, muttering “Live for nothing or die for something, your call”, or another similarly incongruous quote. Then count down and fire away!
- Repeat this and move the confetti canon around the edges until the glue is all covered
- Give it a few minutes to dry
- Blow off excess confetti with a fan, blower or lots of small children blowing on it
- Trim the excess paper
- Lift up the paper and shake it off
- Get a friend to help you tape it to the wall, leave about 50cm from the floor
ENJOY!! Throw excess confetti at your friends.